Subject: Toyota Corolla MH12 EM 5366 brutally damaged by DSK Toyota during service and denying to repair/replace the damaged part
My Name: Santanu Ghosh
My City: Pune
My Complaint Against: Dsk Toyota & Toyota Kirloskar
Complaint Category: Service Providers
Claim Amount (Approx.): 100000
My Complaint Description:
Sr. Delivery Manager
Syntel Ltd, Pune
OP: Bird Valley Restaurant
Pune – 411027
Phone No: 8888871101
Address:DSK Motors Private.Ltd.
Mumbai-Bangalore Highway Pune-411 021
TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR MOTOR PVT. LTD
10th Floor, Canberra Tower, U.B. City, No. 24, Vittal Mallya Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
Sub: Toyota Corolla MH12 EM 5366 brutally damaged by DSK Toyota during service and denying to repair/replace the damaged part
I Santanu Ghosh, Son of Shiba Prasad Ghosh, presently residing at RH-14, Daffodils; OP: Bird Valley Restaurant, Pimple Saudagar, Pune 411027, wish to register a complaint against DSK TOYOTA and TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR MOTOR PVT. LTD as the opposite party has damaged my car at DSK TOYOTA Bawdhan service centre and denying the responsibility to repair / replace the damage part. On 1st October customer care Head of DSK TOYOTA Mr. Hemant Kale came to my society and threatened me to accept the damaged vehicle.
Following are the sequence of incidents happened since February 2016
1. Regular Service Feb 2016: Car was kept at service center for 2 days. Some part of airbag was changed as per warranty/call out, however the dashboard was not fixed properly and dust/light was coming into the cabin thru a big hole from non-driver side.
2. July maintenance work: 1st time car was kept for 2 days to change the tires, some maintenance work, fixing the above mentioned issue. when I received the car, the car was not even basic checked by Mr. Lakshimikant (Service Engineer), even though I have been charged for multiple things but basic things like wheel balancing was not done. I compliant to Mr Hemant Kale.
Again the car was taken to service center, I had to wait for the entire day just to get the wheel balancing and the pending dashboard opening work to get complete. I was charged for balancing again, after requesting it was waived off. Dashboard gap not fixed
3. Regular Service 23rd Aug 2016: It was just the normal service and to complete the pending work of Dashboard gap fixing. Car was delivered after 2 days dashboard gap was not fixed. I complaint to VOC DSK and Toyoya Kirloskar on 24th August.
4. Post compliant, the car was taken back to service center on 29th Aug morning and when I received the car back in evening the CD player was broken and there was external material/ packing was placed between sound system and dashboard resulting in major damage of dashboard above the sound system
5. Since 30th August DSK Toyota and its Sr executives as Mr. Hemant Kale, Nitin Satpute, Manoaj Khebde are not accepting the damaged done at their service center and harassing me for more than a month by portraying the case that the damage happened automatically. They are not even allowing me to speak to the dealer owner Mr DS Kulkarni. I asked them to show video footage of the service, they were not agreed.
6. During last 1 month I have registered at least 20 complaint, called up Toyota customer care for 30 times, every time they promised me that someone Sr from Toyota will call me and will help me to resolve the issue, so far I have not received any call from them or any resolution. Latest Compliant No with Toyota Kirloskar is : TCM0916200338. I have written and tweeted to all Sr executive of Toyota as Mr Akio Toyoda, Sekhar Viswanathan however there is no response from anyone so far.
7. In last 1 month there was not urgency either from DSK Toyota or Toyota Kirloskar to resolve the issue. Even there were no response from any of them
8. On 1st October Mr. Hemant Kale came to my society with the damaged car, it was partially repaired. Dashboard was still damaged above sound system. He was forcing me to accept the car in damaged condition, on disagreeing he tried to threaten me and started calling “Hooligans”. I called up security guards and neighbors, called up Toyota customer care immediately then they took back the car however there is no farther communication either from DSK Toyota or Toyota Kirloskar when they are going to fix the issue.
9. I am also concerned whether DSK Service center has stolen any of the part from my car or damaged it farther.
After being a loyal customer of Toyota for 8 years where I spent at least INR 5 lacs just for service of the car, I never expect such response from Toyota or from any of its dealers.
Currently I am driving a loaner car provided by the service center, where I am always running in risk of any accident etc as this car is not covered as part of my insurance. Also being a diesel car it is too noisy and extremely uncomfortable.
Hence I would like the opposite party to return the car as soon as possible with proper solution to the damaged parts. I will also expect DSK Toyota and Toyota Kirloskar to pay compensation for ignoring this mater for more than 1 month and continuously harassing me. I am also suspecting DSK Toyota may remove or damage other parts (specifically airbag) as it is lying with them for more than a month. Hence I will expect Toyota to recheck my car with other service centre to confirm the car is safe and no farther damage done.
I would also request the honorary Legal authority of India to take a strong measure against the opposite party so that the Opposite party doesn’t repeat this deed and harasses any customer further in this manner. Moreover, the complainant may be duly compensated for the losses and harassment suffered by him.
Place: Pimple Saudagar
Pune – 411027
Photos of damaged dashboard and sound system