Subject: Not giving me proper service for my defective phone
My Name: Ankur Parmar
My City: Anand
My Complaint Against: Motorola Mobile Company & Sandeep (employee of motorola)
Complaint Category: Handset Compalints
Claim Amount (Approx.): 12999
My Complaint Description:
I purchased the moto G(2nd gen) through flipkart & got a delivery of phone on 14th October 2014. Now please refer my experience of use this phone & the worst service by Motorola till date from the date of purchase as following:
1) First 15 days after purchase: there was a software related problem in my phone like song length not appearing in default music player, bad voice of speaker etc. So I contacted flipkart for replacement. But they reject my replacement application by a factory reset the phone for 3-4 times.
2) Last week of May-2015: I was experiencing the problem of improper function of touch pad during some time, I contacted Motorola online support, so they advise me to factory reset the phone, and the problem was solved.
3) Last week of june-2015: I faced the above problem again, so I submitted the phone at service centre.
4) First week of July 2015: I collected the repaired phone from service centre. At the same day in evening, I faced another problem of phone was not working whenever I press the recent app key. Then the problem was solved by a factory reset.
5) After 3-4 days of collecting the phone: I faced another problem of bad voice from speaker like a sparking voice. I tried a factory reset but the problem was not solved. But after 2-3 days the problem was solved itself.
6) First week of august 2015: I faced the above problem again of sparking voice from speaker. So this time I sent e-mail to Motorola for a replacement/refund application. As I can’t visit the service centre again & again because service centre is more than 50 km from my residence. And for a visit of service centre, I have to take a leave from my job which costs me 600 rupees and another 200 rupees for transportation. And every time it is not easy to take a leave from my job. So they sent me a reply which states that “kindly submit the phone at service centre & update us the previous & present job sheet so that we can give you the best service.
7) 10th august 2015: I submitted the phone at service centre
8) 11th august 2015: I sent an e-mail to Motorola regarding the previous & present job sheet & they revert back on 12th august which states that “we will reply within 24-48 hours.
9) 14th august 2015: I reminded them to give me reply though a voice call, they told me to call on 18th august.
10) 18th august 2015: I reminded them to give me reply though a voice call, they told me to call on 20th august.
11) 20th august 2015: I reminded them to give me reply though a voice call, they sent me e-mail that they will give me reply within 24-48 hours.
12) 22nd august 2015: I reminded them to give me reply though a voice call, they told me to call on 24th august.
13) 24th august 2015: I received a call on this day, they told me that they will give me reply within 3-4 days.
14) 29th august 2015: I called them, so they told me to call on 31st august 2015
15) 31st august 2015: I called them again to remind & they told me that they will call on 1st September 2015.
16) 1st September 2015: I called them two times, so they were telling me another 2 days. But I said that I can’t wait more. So at around 3 pm I got an email that “your phone is repaired & collect it from service centre”.
17) 2nd September 2015: I replied over above e-mail in morning , I told them to give me a replacement or written guaranty certificate authorised by Motorola stating that they will give me a complete refund(without any excuse) in case of appearing any problem in the repaired device within next three months of warranty period. But they told me that they will call me on 4th September 2015.
18) Now I can’t keep more patience & can’t wait, so I am complaining to you.
So according the above conversation, I can conclude that the phone is a defective piece. And if I collect the repaired phone then I am sure that it will create same or another problems in next three months of warranty period. Also Motorola is not giving any good response over the call, e-mail. Both the time when I visited the service centre, the technician told me to change the motherboard. So how could be the motherboard became defective in just a month.
So kindly request you to give the following positive action from Motorola in following priority sequence:
1) Help to give me refund because I can’t visit the service centre again and again for the frequent problems because it costs me around 10% of billing value of phone for a single visit of service centre.
2) Give me a complete new non defective piece.
3) If they want to give me a repaired device/new piece in replacement, then I want to tell them to give me written guaranty certificate authorised by Motorola stating that they will give me a complete refund(without any excuse) in case of appearing any problem in the repaired device within next three months of warranty period.
If you need any copies of e-mail, or call recording, then I have some of them. If required I will submit you.