Subject: Delay in possession
My Name: VIDYUT D. DESAI
My City: Des Plaines, IL -60016, USA
My Complaint Against: oumdevelopers / Uday Chhasia
Complaint Category: Construction & Real Estate
Claim Amount (Approx.): 960,0000
My Complaint Description:
My name is VIDYUT DESAI, an NRI living in USA for a long time. Few years back, I made a HUGE MISTAKE of my life, by investing in INDIA. Now I regret and will NEVER invest in INDIA.
I needed a place to live in SURAT city so I finalized a deal with a local builder, Mr. Uday Chhasia on March 4th, 2013, and I gave him a check from my NRI account in the sum of 24,36,400 ( twenty four lakh, thirty six thousand and four hundred rupees).. Net total of 58,87,400 ( Fifty eight lakh rupees, eighty seven thousand and four hundred rupees). I insisted on paying all by check as I had transferred necessary funds to my NRE account but he did not agree with it. My flat number is A-303.
He gave me a "Satakhat" on March 4th 2013. Based on his verbal promise, I had to fly from USA to India in the month of Feb-Mar 2013 to finalize the deal with him. Had I known that this builder will take this long, I would not have given him money at all.
Developer: Uday Chhasia
Phone number: 9825707600 and 9925954612
Email address: [email protected]
The builder Uday Chhasia's address is;
Uday Govindbhai Chhasia,
E/901 , Shantideep apartment,
L.P. Savani Road, Adajan
1) The builder Uday chhasia promised me to complete the construction and hand over the possession to me on Diwali of 2013. Based on his verbal promise, on March 4th, 2013, my friend gave him rupees 51,000 deposit, 34,000,00 (Thirty four lakh rupees cash) and I gave him a check from my NRI account in the sum of 24,36,400 ( twenty four lakh, thirty six thousand and four hundred rupees).. Net total of 58,87,400 ( Fifty eight lakh rupees, eighty seven thousand and four hundred rupees). He gave me a "Satakhat" on March 4th 2013. Based on his verbal promise, I had to fly from USA to India in the month of Feb-Mar 2013 to finalize the deal with him. Had I known that this builder will take this long, I would not have gave him money at all. I have a copy of the small booklet he gave me for cash money with his signature on it. He also collected service charge from me.
2) The builder Uday Chhasia also promised me that he will email me the progress report on the construction and send me pictures of my flat construction. He did not send me anything as of today. I had sent him emails asking for the progress of construction on 1) Sun, 24 Mar 2013 2) Thu, 3 Oct 2013 3) Sat, 5 Oct 2013 and on 4) Mon, 31 Aug 2015 at his email address [email protected]. I am still waiting for a reply from him.
Not only that, but he never replied to my emails or whatsapp messages. He knows I am an NRI so he is ignoring my correspondence. His only reply to one of my whatsapp message was “GET LOST”.
3) As of today, so much work is needed in my flat and the builder has been lying to me for a very long time and every time I call him, he promise me that it will be done within a month. I have been hearing this for last two years. I do not and cannot trust him and I need legal remedy for it. Every single time I call him, he lies to me and promise me that your flat will be ready in 4 weeks. I have had enough of his lies.
4) The builder Uday Chhasis also promised me that he is so confident about the project that he will buy back my flat when it is complete for 1 crore rupees.
5) One of the buyer, Mr. Manish Naik, who made the same deal with me on the same day for the same price, was given possession last year, I believe. Since I am not there to contact him, he is delaying the work on my flat. Many people, including a person named Avinash, who booked the flat after me, was given possession and he even sole his flat recently. Not only that, but three buyers on my floor are already living there.
6) Since I heard that this builder has done the same thing with many other buyers and IT department had labelled him as absconder (BHAGEDU) and it was published in local news paper Gujaratmitra.
7) On March 4th 2016, it will be two years since I gave this builder all money upfront and the compounded interest on my money after three years would be 96,731,186 (Ninety six lakh rupees, seven hundred thirty one thousand and one hundred eighty six rupees). This amount is much higher than the recent market value of my flat. Hence, I am seeking damages both direct and indirect on the loss of interest on my money as well as the arrangements I had to make to live when I visit India, as I have no other place to live.
8) Since I heard from few people that this builder may have sold one flat to more than one buyer, I was scared and hence I asked the builder to register the final deed (dastavej) in Dec 2014. At that time, he promised me to finish the remaining work in my flat in two to three weeks.
This happens only in INDIA.
Since I am living in USA, I need help from appropriate government authorities to address my complaint of breach of contract, direct and indirect damages including but not limited to loss of interest on around 59 lakh rupees I paid the builder upfront in March 2013, loss of rental income, money I had to pay for alternate arrangements to stay during my visits to India, compensation for mental torture etc.
I need this builder to complete the remaining work in my flat in next 30 days. Hope different government agencies will not pass the buck to each other and no one will try to address this issue.
Please note that I am not the only buyer who is cheated, almost all of the buyers feel the same way.
This builder has just launched another residential scheme in PAL in SURAT called VIMAL NATH FLORANZA and I urge all government agencies to protect innocent buyers from falling in to this builder's trap. Such dishonest, unethical and unprofessional builder should be barred from doing business in the city.