Subject: Renault Selection Used Duster
My Name: Amit Agrawal
My City: Bangalore
My State: Karnataka
My Complaint Against: Renault India
Complaint Category: Manufacturers & Dealers
Claim Amount (Approx.): 850000
My Complaint Description:
I bought a used Renault Duster from Renault Selection showroom in Whitefield Bangalore in September 2018. I was told that the vehicle has gone through 199 points inspection and I was provided with a 1 year warranty for the vehicle (attached).
I have been facing huge issues with this vehicle since last 6 months. In the last 6 months, this car has been sent to service center at least 6 times (may be more) and has been kept there for a total of ~15 days at least. Even now, the vehicle is lying in service center (AC was not working) and I am being told that some parts need to be replaced (Radiator Fan Motor, Relay, Resistor etc.) which will cost me ~30K and are not covered under warranty.
Below are some issues I have faced so far:
1. AC mode knob was not usable – replaced by service center last year – is not working again now
2. Wiper motor was making huge noise – left the car in service center 3 times for this issue. Finally, the motor was replaced
3. Vehicle steering not moving on left side – Power steering left side parts was replaced. I was told it was a major part costing 30-40k.
4. Noise coming when releasing clutch in stop and go traffic – Never corrected
5. Radiator fan stopped working (current issue) – they are asking around 30k for this.
6. Many other minor problems like noises from loose parts, from under the hood, driver seat moving etc.
I AM HIGHLY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS CAR AND REALLY REPENTING THE DECISION OF GOING WITH RENAULT.
Do they really do 199 points inspection before selling a used car? How can so many major parts get broken in such a short time if at all inspections were indeed done?
Please let me know how do I escalate this… I am willing to take up this matter to consumer court…